Prior to Reserving Our Services
- Determine your date, approximate guest numbers, venue and budget.
- Review our website and social media pages for inspiration and ideas.
- Choose an Afternoon Tea or Picnic package.
- Select the number of guests.
- Click this link & schedule a free 30 min video consultation call with us.
- Sign your contract & pay your deposit.
- Advise final guest numbers 7 days before your function and we will adjust your order. Full balance to be paid prior to the event date
On the day
- Position your tables and chairs before our arrival (if you have not rented them from us, tables are included with Picnic packages)
- We will arrive armed with all the china, linen, food and extras to begin laying your tables, aiming to complete the set-up just before your guests arrive:
- We refrigerate the patisseries , milk, and cream, and fill up the tea kettles to boil for the water for the tea
- We set up signage and chalkboard displays.
- We lay out tablecloths
- We set out teacups, saucers, side plates and cake stands, and lay out the cutlery, napkins and afternoon tea guides.
- We arrange the sandwich platters, teapots, and milk and sugar jars and fill tea bowls and set out a variety Posh Teatime Co. loose leaf teas and spring water.
- We begin plating up sandwiches and cover with cling wrap to keep them fresh.
- As your start time nears, we heat the scones (optional) and begin plating up patisseries, cream and jam.
- We fill creamers with milk and add any finishing touches, ready for your event
- Your guests arrive.
- If you elect to have a Posh Teatime Co. Tea Host(ess) then your guests will be greeted by welcoming staff, given a presentation on afternoon tea history, etiquette and ceremonies. Tea service will be provided by white gloved Tea Host(ess).
- You and your guests enjoy a lavish Posh Teatime Co. experience.
After the event
- Rinse out the teacups, milk jugs, cream and jam bowls, remove food scraps from the plates and leave it all on one table (If you have paid for a Tea Host(ess) they will handle the clean up).
- We will come back at a mutually convenient time to pack down the equipment and take it away.
- Leave a review on our website, or social media accounts and tag @Poshteatimeco